Crown Commercial Service is a proud partner of SAFERjobs, helping protect job seekers and agency staff from exploitation.
Published 26 April 2021
Last updated 26 April 2021
During the first months of the COVID-19 pandemic, criminals took advantage of the uncertainties of many UK citizens by using fake job listings to trick people into handing over money or personal data. Reports of fake job listings soared by 70% between March and October 2020, and more than 750 reports were made to SAFERjobs.
SAFERjobs is a Metropolitan Police initiative to combat recruitment fraud, malpractice and breach of legislation. They work with many organisations across government, including Crown Commercial Service (CCS), the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Department for Work and Pensions, Trading Standards, City of London Police, the Home Office and Action Fraud. They can take enforcement action including removing websites and fake jobs.
Making recruitment SAFER
We encourage all our recruitment framework suppliers to play their part to stamp out such activity, by signing up to the code of conduct and promoting SAFERjobs through their websites.
We want to give our customers the peace of mind of knowing that by choosing a CCS recruitment framework they are benefiting from:
- a fully transparent recruitment supply chain with modern slavery compliance assessed to a standard over and above the current public sector procurement regulations
- workers and suppliers can report any supply chain abuse safe in the knowledge that intelligence is shared across government organisations, as appropriate
- ethical recruitment where people are recruited to standards such as those set by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)
- fake job adverts will be removed from online sites
Empowering you to make safer recruitment decisions
Find out more about how we can help with your temporary recruitment needs:
- visit our workforce web page
- email email@example.com
- call 0345 410 2222
- fill in our online form
If you would like to raise a concern through SAFERjobs, please complete their incident report form.