Services which are available through this agreement include (but are not limited to):
- core network infrastructure, including services and equipment needed for network access
- both for traditional core network infrastructure needs, as well as public internet connectivity solutions
- local area network including products and services facilitating connectivity within the customers location
- fibre optic cabling
- 5G network
- internet access
- unified communications: application or platform that provides multiple communication methods including voice, video and data services
- Internet Protocol (IP) Telephony enables voice calls over the internet
- cloud services
- audio and video conferencing (collaboration solutions)
- satellite networking
- maintenance and support services
- contact centre services
- security and surveillance
- professional services required to design, build (install) and deliver (manage) network solutions
The agreement now also enables customers to buy a new range of ‘emerging technologies’ with the introduction of:
- IoT (Internet of Things) and Smart Technologies (smart, shared and connected spaces)
- tactical radio products and services
- critical domain services: the services needed to register, maintain and manage domain names
- communication platform as a service
The range of products and services enables customers to engage market leading suppliers in developing fully integrated communication solutions.
This means you will be able to buy managed solutions from a supplier as well as individual component parts as you consider modernising, optimising and rationalising your connectivity and network needs within the modern hybrid workspace.
The agreement length will be in the following format 2+1+1. This means the agreement will run for 2 years and you will have the option of 2, 12 month extensions.
Find the contract notice for this agreement on contracts finder.