CCS has awarded a new agreement for offsite construction, which aims to support the public sector to innovate, drive efficiency and continue to work towards their CNZ targets
The Offsite Construction Solutions (RM6184) agreement reflects continuous Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) innovations and will broaden the premanufactured building solution provision currently available to public sector buyers through CCS agreements. It will have an increased scope to include more MMC categories, specifically 2D panelised structural systems and panelised external building retrofits, as specified within the new MMC Definition Framework.
The agreement will continue to align with the policies outlined in the Construction Playbook on offsite construction adoption. It replaces our Modular Buildings Agreement, which closes on 1 April 2023. It has been designed to assist all public sector customers, with a specific focus on the health, housing, education, justice and defence sectors.
In a bid to help the public sector to continue to meet their carbon net zero targets, a specific lot (Thermal Efficiency Upgrades) has been introduced to address the increasing demand to retrofit existing estate portfolios with thermally efficient external systems.
The new agreement aims to build on the progress made on making it easier for small and medium-sized enterprises to become suppliers. It includes 29 suppliers, 18 (62%) of which are SMEs.
The agreement will run for 4 years with the possibility of a 3-year extension and there is no maximum duration for call off contracts
John Welch, Deputy Director – Construction, Crown Commercial Service says:
“This new framework will support the public sector in the design, delivery and commissioning of a whole range of offsite construction projects in the coming years, including social housing, new schools and hospital extensions. These projects, and the many more which will come, have the potential to improve services and the lives of millions of people.
“It is yet another example of how CCS is helping the public sector to support the government’s construction strategy and further supports the recently published refresh of the Construction Playbook with its MMC guidance note. ”
- a simple 6 lot structure, encompassing an increased range of premanufactured building turnkey solutions within a single, consolidated agreement
- promotes the standardisation of building design across large portfolios of government infrastructure, therefore enabling greater efficiencies of time and cost savings through the project lifecycle, saving the taxpayer money
- the new agreement aims to make it easier for clients to contract with SME organisations, with 62% of suppliers being classed as an SME.
- public sector contracting terms and conditions create an easier, more flexible route to market, tailorable to customers’ specific operational needs.
- an evaluated pool of suppliers allowing customers to drive cost reductions and increase value for money through healthy competition
The lots will comprise:
Lot 1: Built Estate including Education
Lot 2: Healthcare
Lot 3: Residential
Lot 4: Justice
Lot 5: Defence
Lot 6: Thermal Efficiency Upgrades
Find out more
To find out more about Offsite Construction Solutions (RM6184) visit the agreement webpage or contact the CCS Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0345 410 2222.
Don’t forget, you can find a full list of all the commercial agreements we offer, alongside details of how we can help you build policy considerations into your procurement, in our interactive digital brochure.