Vasco Neves, CCS Category Lead for Travel, sets out how we can help the university sector access a range of travel solutions to support their international students.
Published 9 July 2020
Last updated 10 July 2020
In response to the travel restrictions coronavirus (COVID-19) has brought, there is increasing interest from the university sector in chartering air and other travel solutions to help safely bring international students into the country.
At CCS, we can facilitate access to experienced suppliers who can navigate the unique needs and complexities of the travel sector at this challenging time.
Our suppliers can offer end-to-end travel solutions – from chartering international flights to sourcing travel once in the United Kingdom – that can be accessed through 2 of our frameworks, both of which offer direct award for quick access:
- RM6016 – Public Sector Travel and Venue Solutions – Lot 4
- RM6164 – Public Sector Global Travel and Venue Solutions – Lot B
During the COVID-19 response, many of these suppliers supported the government with their charter travel needs, demonstrating their capability in, at pace, designing robust and flexible travel solutions.
When putting together a solution to suit your requirements, our suppliers can:
- Provide dedicated travel specialists to manage groups
- Negotiate directly with carriers to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery
- Coordinate your charter aircraft schedule – regardless of passengers numbers or point of origin and destination
- Liaise with regulatory authorities to secure all landing permits and approvals
- Provide an online platform to support students’ self-service registration, including payment services and health screening
- Manage flight manifests, ensuring accurate passenger information is provided to the required authorities
- Offer 24/7 booking support to students
- Prepare operational and financial reporting to support your business needs
- Facilitate access to other travel services such as accommodation and visa support.
Once students arrive in the United Kingdom, you may be looking to book vehicle with driver services, such as taxis and coaches, to support their safe transportation to campus.
Both RM6016 and RM6164 offer this service as part of their end-to-end solution. However, if you would like to contract directly with suppliers for this element of your requirements, our Public Sector Passenger Transport Services – Taxi & Coaches (RM6121) framework offers a Dynamic Purchasing System.
You can also find out more about each of our frameworks by following the links below: