International Healthcare Professional Recruitment and Associated Services
All public sector organisations can recruit healthcare professionals from overseas using experienced international recruitment organisations.
The NHS Workforce Alliance has produced this agreement. All public sector organisations can use this service including:
- Central Government departments
- UK (and any Crown Dependencies) and their Arm’s Length Bodies and agencies,
- Non Departmental Public Bodies,
- NHS bodies and Local Authorities,
- Health, Police, Fire and Rescue,
- Education and Devolved Administrations
The agreement will replace RM6162 International Recruitment of Clinical Healthcare Professionals.
The NHS Long Term Plan has set out its ambitions for the NHS over the next 10 years, identifying ethical and sustainable international recruitment as a workforce priority.
Job roles you can recruit for will include (but is not limited to):
- nursing and midwifery including health visitors and dental nursing
- personal social services including social workers and residential healthcare
- administrative services including human resources and finance roles
- allied health professionals including clinical psychology roles and physiotherapists
- emergency services including ambulance workers
For more information about the different roles you can recruit, take a look at the national job profiles website.
This list is not complete. From time to time we will identify other healthcare roles and professionals.
- access to a wide range of experienced international recruitment organisations that are all awarded by us to ensure a framework wide standard of quality
- we ensure providers:
- meet government requirements on good industry practice, codes of practice, legislation, voluntary arrangements, regulations
- are responsible for relocation, pastoral support and satisfaction of the employee
- are aware of their worker’s licensing situation and requirements
- keep up to date with Brexit, regulatory changes, language testing, and immigration policy
Lot 1: International Nursing and Midwifery
Recruitment services of permanent International Nursing and Midwifery staff
Lot 2: International Doctors and Dentists
Recruitment services of permanent International Doctors and Dentists staff
Lot 3: International AHPs including social workers
Recruitment services of permanent AHPs including Social Workers staff
Lot 4: International OSCE Training Support Services
Training support services as part of onboarding international candidates. This is part of a holistic approach that can be taken to attract and retain suitable candidates.
Lot 5: International Candidate Pastoral Support
Pastoral Support Services
We undertook customer and supplier engagement in June 2022. We engaged with industry bodies the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and the Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCo) to ensure our new agreement incorporates emerging best practices and meets customer needs.
Engagement sessions were a mix of surveys, webinars and 1-2-1 discussions.
|Prior Information Notice (PIN)||Read PIN|
|Contract notice in Find a Tender (FTS)||Read Contract Notice|
|Tender documents||Not available yet|
|Pre-market engagement||June 2022|
|Drafting of procurement documents||July 2022|
|Publication of FTS notice||August 2022|
|Framework award||March 2023|