04/08/2023: This agreement replaces RM6162 International Recruitment of Clinical Healthcare Professionals.
International Healthcare Professional Recruitment and Associated Services
The NHS Workforce Alliance has produced this agreement. The NHS Long Term Plan has set out its ambitions for the NHS over the next 10 years, identifying ethical and sustainable international recruitment as a workforce priority.
Job roles you can recruit for will include (but is not limited to):
- nursing and midwifery including health visitors and dental nursing
- personal social services including social workers and residential healthcare
- administrative services including human resources and finance roles
- allied health professionals including clinical psychology roles and physiotherapists
- emergency services including ambulance workers
For more information about the different roles you can recruit, take a look at the national job profiles website. This list is not complete. Over time we will identify other healthcare roles and professionals.
- access to a wide range of experienced international recruitment organisations that are all awarded by us to ensure a framework wide standard of quality
- we ensure providers:
- meet government requirements on good industry practice, codes of practice, legislation, voluntary arrangements, regulations
- are responsible for relocation, pastoral support and satisfaction of the employee
- are aware of their worker’s licensing situation and requirements
- keep up to date with Brexit, regulatory changes, language testing, and immigration policy
All suppliers for this agreement have committed to comply with the Procurement Policy Note 06/21: 'Taking account of Carbon Reduction Plans in the procurement of major government contracts' as required. If a supplier is required to publish a carbon reduction plan, you can find it on their individual supplier details page.
There are 78 suppliers on this agreement
- Lot 1: Recruitment Services of Permanent International Nursing and Midwifery Staff
- Lot 2: International Doctors and Dentists
- Lot 3: International AHPs Including Social Workers
- Lot 4: International OSCE Training Support Services
- Lot 5: International Candidate Pastoral Support
You can buy through both direct award and further competition.
To direct award under the framework without holding a further competition you should:
- develop a statement of requirements and determine whether this can be met by the supplier(s)
- determine that all of the terms of the framework and the call-off terms do not need amending or any supplementary terms and conditions
- award using the call-off contract with the successful framework supplier(s)
To achieve best value for money, we would suggest that you use a further competition.To run a further competition you should:
- invite all suppliers who can meet your requirements to bid
- send further competition documents to all capable suppliers, leaving reasonable time for them to return their tenders
- you can choose to run this process using your internal procurement resources or get in touch with your local NHS Workforce Alliance contact to have a discussion on what support we can offer
- evaluate the tender using the fair and transparent criteria in your bid pack
- award the supplier which offer the best value for money on the basis of the criteria