Water, Wastewater and Ancillary Services 3
Water supply, wastewater (sewage) and ancillary services that make usage more efficient and supply more resilient.
This is a renewal of the RM6178 waste supply and wastewater agreement.
It will run for 4 years and is open to all public sector, non-residential premises in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. For example: schools, NHS trusts and local authorities.
Businesses, charities or public sector organisations currently served by a water supplier based in Wales are only eligible to switch water retailers if they use more than 50 million litres of water a year. Otherwise they will continue to be served by their regional water company.
If your business premises are in Wales and your usage is above the 50 million litre threshold, you can choose to remain with your current retailer or switch.
You can contract with a supplier at any time during the agreement, and run a contract for up to a maximum of 4 years from when supply starts.
Buyers can run a mini-tender or join a CCS quarterly aggregation. As of 1 April 2017 eligible, non-household customers (those that pay business rates) can choose their water supplier. Ofwat has published full eligibility guidance and supplementary guidance.
- access to aggregated e-auctions (for lot 1 only)
- accurate management information: suppliers will provide you with consumption and billing data at your request, includes self service online
- discounted list prices
- you can access optional water efficiency programmes when you need them
- financial savings: on average customers achieved a 4% reduction against the average retail margin when using the existing RM3790 agreement
- some customers achieved a 10% reduction against the average retail margin when using the RM3790 agreement
- access to a dedicated account manager, providing a personalised service
- a dedicated customer service team for improved support and query management
- choice of billing format (consolidated billing, electronic billing and paper billing)
- quality service with suppliers monitored against framework Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), regular reporting and meetings with CCS
- time and resource savings through simplified procurement process and supplier rationalisation
Lot 1: Water and wastewater
Provides water and wastewater suppliers
Lot 2 : Ancillary Services
Provides ancillary goods, works and services associated with water including (but not limited to):
- automatic metre reading
- water reduction/management advice
Lot 3: One stop shop
Lot 3 is a combination of lots 1 and 2. It will provide both water and wastewater suppliers as well as ancillary goods, works and services.
Customer engagement will take place between January and March 2023.
Supplier engagement has started with current suppliers and will take place between November 2022 and January 2023. Any suppliers who are interested in this upcoming framework should email RM6306@crowncommercial.gov.uk
|Prior Information Notice (PIN)||Not available yet|
|Contract Notice in Find a Tender (FTS)||Not available yet|
|Tender documents||Not available yet|
|Pre-market engagement||September 2022 to March 2023|
|Drafting of procurement documents||March to July 2023|
|Publication of FTS notice||December 2023|
|Framework award||September 2024|