06/04/202: Lot 1 is now live. Lot 2 will be live mid June.
Permanent Recruitment 2
Access general recruitment services to find and hire candidates across the UK for a specific role or job. This includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
General recruitment is a non-exclusive contingency model service. This means that the recruiters will compete to find a suitable candidate and will only get paid if they successfully fill the role.
Permanent recruitment 2 will replace the current Permanent Recruitment Solutions which expires on 12 November 2022. It will also provide a way to hire clinical roles through the general recruitment service.
The recruitment agencies can help you to recruit one or more candidates for clinical and non-clinical roles.
You can access all core and non core services and you have the flexibility to choose which services you would like to add to your call offs.
Core services include:
- search services to find applicants
- evaluation of applicants
- appointment of applicant to the role
Non core services include:
- strategy and planning services to help you plan for recruitment gaps and ensure your organisation has the right people with the right skills
- talent development services to help you develop a talent pool of potential applicants with the needed skill sets
For a detailed description of the services provided under each lot, read the specification.
This agreement will run for 2 years with an option to extend for up to 2 years if needed.
There is no maximum length for a call off contract under this agreement, but we recommend it should not be longer than 4 years.
- hiring managers and departments can choose who they engage with from the supplier list and how
- access capable suppliers, which will lead to increased fill rates and will avoid repeated campaign costs
- ability to direct award which can save you time and money
- capped maximum costs which will protect contracting authorities from market price increases
- no hidden costs: methods of attracting candidates, such as social media, digital campaigns and job boards are included in the cost of the service
- suppliers must work towards civil service diversity and inclusion (D&I) requirements and should help contracting authorities to achieve their own D&I ambitions
- suppliers must develop employer value proposition (EVP) to ensure candidates want to work for the contracting authorities organisation
- EVP includes any benefits that the worker will receive in return for their work such as pay, learning and development opportunities and the culture of the organisation
- read the detailed supplier prospectus to get a better understanding of the recruitment agencies you can access and the specialist areas they can recruit for, such as digital or HR
- discounts are available when hiring more than 1 candidate
- support is available from our customer and agreement management teams
You can buy from this agreement using direct award or further competition.
You can also use an Expression of Interest (EOI). This will allow your organisation to go to suppliers with your needs and measure their interest.
If suppliers do not respond to your EOI or decline their interest, you do not need to invite them to main tender.
Before buying from this agreement, read the customer guide document.
You can use your own eSourcing system or you can use our eSourcing tool to run your further competition. If this is your first time using our eSourcing suite, you will need to register an account.
To run a further competition you will need to:
- clearly define your requirements, see template T2 Attachment 3 Statement of Requirements
- determine which lot is most suitable for your needs,
- issue a request for information (RFI) (optional)
- develop tender documents
- identify the suppliers who are capable of meeting your needs, you can use the supplier capability matrix to complete this
- establish appropriate timescales for your procurement
- issue expression of interest (EOI) (optional)
- issue tender to all agreement suppliers identified
- evaluate supplier responses
- award a contract to the successful supplier(s) and notify unsuccessful suppliers
- you may wish to include a 10 day standstill period before award (optional)
If you need help accessing the agreement, contact our customer service centre.
To direct award without holding a further competition you should:
- develop your specification
- review the supplier capability matrix to determine which suppliers are capable of meeting your needs
- develop your direct award criteria and apply it to the prospectuses for each capable supplier to establish which supplier provides the best value for money
- contact the supplier that you have selected and provide them with your specification so that they may complete their conflict of interest checks and confirm that they have the relevant capability and capacity
- award the call-off contract with the supplier by sending a completed and signed Framework Schedule 6 Order Form Template and Call-Off Schedules
- your chosen supplier should promptly sign and return the order form template (this can be done electronically)
- RM6229 Customer guide v3.2
- RM6229 T1 expression of interest
- RM6229 T2 attachment 3 statement of requirements
- RM6229 T3 non disclosure agreement (NDA)
- RM6229 T4 request for information
- RM6229 T5 attachment 1 about the procurement
- RM6229 T6 attachment 2 how to bid including evaluation criteria
- RM6229 T7 attachment 4 pricing schedule
- RM6229 T8 clarification questions log
- RM6229 T9 evaluator competency profile
- RM6229 T10 evaluator conflict of interest
- RM6229 T11a award letter
- RM6229 T11b unsuccessful letter
- RM6229 T12 notification CCS of non-compliance
- RM6229 Core terms v3.0.11
- RM6229 Framework schedule 1: specification v.3.2
- RM6229 Framework schedule 2: framework tender v.3.0
- RM6229 Framework schedule 3: framework prices v.3.1
- RM6229 Framework schedule 4: framework management v3.4
- RM6229 Framework schedule 5: management charges and information v3.6
- RM6229 Framework schedule 6: order form template and call-off schedules v3.8
- RM6229 Framework schedule 7 : call-off award procedure v.3.3
- RM6229 Framework schedule 8: self audit certificate v.3.1
- RM6229 Framework schedule 9: cyber essentials scheme v3.3
- RM6229 Download all framework schedules
- RM6229 Joint schedule 1: definitions v3.10
- RM6229 Joint schedule 2: variation form v.3.1
- RM6229 Joint schedule 3: insurance requirements v.3.1
- RM6229 Joint schedule 4: commercially sensitive information v.3.1
- RM6229 Joint schedule 5: corporate social responsibility v.3.2
- RM6229 Joint schedule 6: key subcontractors v.3.1
- RM6229 Joint schedule 7: financial difficulties v.3.4
- RM6229 Joint schedule 8: guarantee for PSC v3.3
- RM6229 Joint schedule 9: minimum standards of reliability v.3.3
- RM6229 Joint schedule 10: rectification plan v.3.0
- RM6229 Joint schedule 11: processing data v4.4
- RM6229 Joint schedule 12: supply chain visibility v.1.0
- RM6229 Download all joint schedules
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 1: transparency reports v3.0
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 2: staff transfer v3.3
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 3: continuous improvement v3.0
- RM6229 Call off schedule 4 call off tender
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 5: pricing details v3.1
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 6: ICT services v3.4
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 7: key supplier staff v3.1
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 8: business continuity and disaster recovery v.3.3
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 9: security v3.4
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 10: exit management v3.2
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 12: clustering v.3.1
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 13: implementation plan and testing v.3.3
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 14: service levels v3.2
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 15: call off contract management v3.1
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 16: benchmarking v3.2
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 17: MOD terms v3.1
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 18: background checks v3.0
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 19: Scottish law v1.0
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 20: specification v3.0
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 21: Northern Ireland law v.1.0
- RM6229 Call-off schedule 23: HMRC terms
- RM6229 Download all call off schedules