Designed in collaboration with the Government Communication Service (GCS), this agreement provides services to monitor, analyse and evaluate media coverage. Customers can also access self-service tools to monitor and analyse social media.
The agreement will allow you to:
- monitor and analyse media coverage (print, broadcast, online, digital and social media)
- effectively evaluate communication campaigns
- increase value across all paid communication activities by helping to establish best practice, identify inefficiencies and improve behaviours
RM6134 is open to all UK public sector organisations including central government departments and their agencies, the wider public sector and third sector organisations, such as registered charities.
This agreement has one lot. In most cases, the default option will be to run a further competition, but there is a direct award facility for requirements of under £20,000.
RM6134 will run for 2 years and expires on 31 May 2022. There are two extension options, each for an additional one year period.
Product and services:
Lot 1: Media monitoring and associated services
Press monitoring – monitoring of specified keywords and topics within print content.
Online media monitoring – monitoring of news website content including non-written content like infographics and images.
Social media monitoring – monitoring of social media content on feeds including Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.
Broadcast monitoring – monitoring content on television, radio and web broadcasts.
Human-delivered media evaluation and analysis – the selection, evaluation and analysis of the results of monitoring through human review.
Suppliers can also provide optional services to customers buying one or more of the above core services including:
- automated media evaluation and analysis – automated assessment of media monitoring results data
- forward planning database – gives you an understanding of future news and events so you can plan ahead
- media contact database – a database listing media contacts, their contact details and their sector of interest
- social media monitoring and analysis – an online tool to monitor and analyse content from a range of social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, as well as blogs and public forums
- parliamentary monitoring – identify and track parliamentary, political and legislative news and activities
More information about the optional services each supplier can offer is available in our guidance notes, available in the documents section.
- access a range of media monitoring and associated services in one place
- choose from a range of suppliers with a broad range of experience, expertise and commitment to quality
- stay up to date with emerging news stories based on keywords and topics
- transparent pricing – a cost-effective and efficient means of monitoring and evaluating media coverage, with flexible pricing options
- social value has been built into the agreement from the very start, allowing you to test suppliers on their ability to help you meet your social value priorities
- peace of mind – provides a compliant route to market using the new Public Sector Contract
Before using this agreement you should make sure that you receive internal approval. Customer guidance (see attached documents) on the use of this agreement includes advice about best practice for contracting with suppliers.
In most cases, you will need to undertake a further competition to access the framework, but if you have a simple requirement valued at less than £20,000 per year you have the option to award a contract directly. Guidance for the direct award process is available in the documents section, and in our direct award pack, available on request from email@example.com.
You can undertake fair and transparent pre-market engagement activity and further competition with the framework agencies through the CCS eSourcing suite:
- register for the CCS eSourcing tool
- log in to the CCS eSourcing tool if you are already registered
- read guidance about the eSourcing tool
You can also use your own sourcing tool.
- RM6134 PIN
- 2. RM6134 Contract Notice
- RM6134 Marketing communications research brochure
- RM6134 Call-Off contract terms
- RM6134 contractual documents
- RM6134 CPV Codes
- RM6134 Customer guidance v2
- RM6134 Framework Agreement Terms
- RM6134 Order Form _ Call Off Schedules (Framework Schedule 6)
- RM6134 Scope and specification
- Marketing and research brochure