This Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) provides a platform for the procurement and supply of gigabit-capable network services including broadband connectivity and connectivity infrastructure build services.
The Gigabit Capable Connectivity DPS (RM6095) can be found on the DPS Marketplace. Scroll down to Gigabit Capable Connectivity, where you can access:
- the bid pack
- a list of clarification questions
- the list of suppliers currently appointed to the agreement
- the DPS as a buyer
- the DPS as a supplier
Further information and guidance documents will be periodically uploaded in the ‘Documents’ tab below.
For the latest information on funding programmes supported by Building Digital UK (BDUK), part of the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & and Sport (DCMS), please visit GOV.UK.
If you want to apply to join the DPS, please register as a buyer here.
The DPS uses a filter system to help you find relevant suppliers for your needs. The filters available are as follows:
- broadband connectivity services: gigabit-capable internet connectivity
- infrastructure build services: build of connectivity infrastructure, not including services or internet connectivity
- managed infrastructure services: connectivity access between two specific sites, inclusive of maintenance
You can also filter by:
- accreditation and standards:
- Public Services Network (PSN)
- Health and Social Care Network (HSCN)
- Cyber Essentials Plus
For further information on the process for buyers, click on the ‘How to buy’ tab below and carefully review the guidance documents published in the ‘Documents’ tab.
If you want to apply to join the DPS, please register as a supplier here.
Information guides on how to supply through the DPS are held in the bid pack on the DPS Marketplace. Scroll down to Gigabit Capable Connectivity, then click on the associated bid pack.
If you have technical issues with the DPS system, including access, or if you have any questions during the DPS application process, please contact NQC: +44 (0)845 299 2994 or use the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of the DPS Marketplace website.
If you wish to contact a member of CCS, please contact us by email quoting RM6095 Gigabit Capable Connectivity DPS and a member of our team will respond to you as soon as possible.
- flexible contract length to suit your procurement
- supports your organisation’s technology upgrade programme
- savings from lower cost and or more efficient technologies
- no lot restrictions, filter based on your requirements
- developed with Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) to deliver fibre infrastructure and broadband services
- continuously developing and innovative marketplace as suppliers join
Please read the 'How to buy' tab below for detailed instructions on how to find out which suppliers are on this agreement.
- Lot 1: Gigabit Capable Connectivity
- Register as a buyer on the Dynamic Purchasing System Marketplace. Note: although pages are headed ‘Supplier registration’ this is also where you can register as a buyer.
- Navigate to Gigabit Capable Connectivity DPS under Technology and choose the “Access as a buyer” option and confirm your acceptance of the customer access agreement.
- On your Manage your DPS Category Exports page you now have 2 options:
- View appointed suppliers
- Click on the link to create a new category export. This is how you filter the suppliers that can meet your requirements.
- When creating a new category use the filtering tool (select all that apply) to specify your requirements and create your supplier shortlist.
- Save your filtered list of capable suppliers by clicking the Save Category option and give the shortlist a unique name specific to your competition. From your Manage your Category Exports page you can then export the list of suppliers and contact details (export is to an Excel spreadsheet).
- Quit the DPS
- Use the list to run a Further Competition. Invite the suppliers identified by the DPS to bid against your detailed specification, evaluation criteria and contract format.
- The list is valid for only 2 working days, from the date of its creation, because new suppliers may apply to join at any point. If your Call for Competition excludes eligible suppliers it potentially breaches procurement regulations. You will need to get a fresh supplier list (steps 3.2 to 5) if you don’t use your list within 2 working days by clicking the Search Again option for your export.
- You can use CCS’s eSourcing tool to run a Call for Competition. The tool is free to use for public sector buyers, or you can use your organisation’s own procurement tool.
- Your tender process should be proportionate to the value and complexity of your requirement. Suppliers will need a reasonable period of time to review and prepare a response. This includes allowing sufficient time for suppliers to ask clarification questions and consider your answers before the deadline for written responses.
- Evaluate the responses
- Request from winning supplier(s) any required evidence that they can meet your requirements. Set them a deadline for submitting evidence of 2 days.
- If you’re satisfied with the evidence, award the contract
- Where appropriate, notify of the award on Contracts Finder.
We also use our complementary aggregation service to bring together customers with similar requirements
- we leverage the volume to create greater commercial benefits for customers
- we manage the procurement process from start to finish
- email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- RM6095 Gigabit capable connectivity supplier webinar 11/10/19
- RM6095 Supplier welcome webinar link v1
- RM6095 Buyer guidance to the public sector contract
- RM6095 Buyer guidance (pdf)
- RM6095 Buyer guidance (powerpoint slides)
- RM6095 Order form template example
- RM6095 How to get a supplier list
- DPS Joint Schedules TCs
- DPS Order Schedules TCs
- RM6095 Supplier application webinar May 2020
- RM6095 Supplier guidance and pipeline webinar May 2020 v1-3