22/04/2020 Due to the current coronavirus outbreak, we are calling on Regulation 72 (1) (c) to extend this agreement for 12 months. This will relieve pressure on the supply chain while short staffed, to help businesses to continue to deliver services and goods to customers. We intend to deliver replacement agreements as quickly as possible after the initial COVID-19 impact.
This agreement provides niche or specialised marketing communications support. You can choose an agency on a standalone basis or to support an integrated campaign.
If you need an agency for an end to end campaign, use the Campaign solutions agreement – RM3774.
- 63 agencies many of which are new to working with government
- agencies have been assessed via a competitive tendering process
- competitive range of agencies of all sizes
- SME agencies and seven micro organisations.
There are 62 suppliers on this framework
- Lot 1: Specialist Consultancy Services
- Lot 2: Events
- Lot 3: Channel Strategy and Planning
- Lot 4: Public Relations (Specialist and Regional)
- Lot 5: Proposition Development
- Lot 6: Creative Development and Delivery
- Lot 7: Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Lot 8: Data Strategy and Management
- Lot 9: Production
- Lot 10: Editorial
- Lot 11: International
Before using this agreement you must have internal approval from your organisation.
If you are in central government and spending over £100,000, you must also get approval from the Professional Assurance Group.
Charge for central government
Central government buyers (including Arm’s Length Bodies and Executive Agencies) using this framework are required to pay a charge of 1% of the total contract value.
The charge is a set contribution from all government communications expenditure through the frameworks and funds the Government Communication Service (GCS). It has been in existence since 2013/14 and approved by the Civil Service Board, Ministerial Board and with the agreement of all Directors of Communications.
The 1% management charge is collected by agencies on behalf of GCS and is added to the total net value of each invoice. This charge is not payable by any buyers other than central government.
You will need to run a further competition before appointing an agency. See the attached guidance for further information. You can run a further competition using CCS’s eSourcing tool or your own sourcing tool.
- register for CCS’s eSourcing tool
- access CCS’s eSourcing tool if you have already registered
- read guidance on using CCS’s eSourcing tool.
Duration of agreement
Your call off contract duration can be for up to four years and can run beyond the expiry of the framework, as long as it is awarded during the framework term.
- Marketing comms research brochure v5.3
- RM3796 Customer guidance v1
- RM3796 Dos and donts checklist v1
- RM3796 Lot overview v3
- RM3796 Capability assessment template v1
- RM3796 Brief template v1
- RM3796 Timetable for hiring an agency template v1
- RM3796 Letter of appointment v3
- RM3796 Call off tc v3
- RM3796 GCS superuser list
- RM3796 Framework t&c's v1
- RM3796 Contract notice OJEU v1
- RM3796 Prior information notice PIN v1