27/03/2020 – Due to the current coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, we are calling on Regulation 72 (1) (c) to extend this agreement for 12 months. This will relieve pressure on the supply chain while short staffed, to help businesses to continue to deliver services and goods to customers. We intend to deliver replacement agreements as quickly as possible after the initial COVID-19 impact.
Digital Training and Support
This agreement was created by the Government Digital Service (GDS) to support the Government Digital Inclusion Strategy.
It also offers Digital Inclusion services, such as research and analysis or a digital inclusion training course, to improve the digital inclusion of specific users or communities.
- suppliers include small and medium size businesses
- buy directly, obtain 3 quotes or run a ‘mini-competition’ for services depending on contract value
- maximum call-off contract up to 4 years to accommodate complex projects
There are 31 suppliers on this framework
- Lot 1: Assisted Digital Support
- Lot 2: Digital Inclusion Research And Analysis
- Lot 3: Digital Inclusion Training Course, Product Or Service Design
- Lot 4: Digital Inclusion Training Course, Product Or Service Delivery
- Lot 5: Digital Inclusion Marketing
You will need get budget approval before you start the buying process.
If you’re buying for central government, you will need to go through the digital and IT spend control process.
If you’re buying for a public sector organisation outside of central government, you may need to get internal approval first.
You can buy directly from a supplier for services up to £25,000.
You will need quotes from at least 3 suppliers for services between £25,000 and £50,000.
You will need to run a ‘mini-competition’ for services over £50,000 to select a supplier.
Further details on the framework agreement can be found on the buyers’ guide.