14/11/2019 – Replacement framework – This framework will expire on Sunday 16 February 2020. Take a look at the new agreement Postal Goods, Services and Solutions (RM6017) which is due to go live on Sunday 1 December 2019.
Postal Goods and Services
This 7 lot agreement provides postal services for the public sector. It includes a range of services, including hybrid mail, whereby correspondence is emailed to a provider who prints, addresses and delivers it.
The agreement was developed with public sector customers, procurement bodies (including YPO and ESPO) and postal goods and services providers.
Access to this agreement will expire 16 February 2020, call off contracts can run until 16 February 2021. Where there is a requirement to lease equipment or software then a lease agreement can run for the duration of the term up to a maximum of six years.
- One-stop-shop for postal goods and services
- Set service levels and service credits
- Toolkit to assist with further competitions.
There are 36 suppliers on this framework
- Lot 1 : Collection and Delivery
- Lot 2 : Hybrid Mail On-Site Solution
- Lot 3 : Hybrid Mail Off-Site Solution
- Lot 4 : International Mail Services
- Lot 5 : Franking Machines and Mailroom Equipment
- Lot 6 : On-Site Inbound Mail Solution
- Lot 7 : Off-Site Digital Inbound Mail Solution
There are two ways to buy:
1. Further competition
In the majority of cases you will need to run a further competition for your requirements to ensure best value for money. You invite all capable suppliers under the relevant lot(s) to bid, evaluate the bids, and award a contract to the winning bid. The criteria must be transparent to bidders.
2. Direct award
If you are satisfied that a particular supplier can meet your needs, you can make a direct award. However, you do have to meet criteria, for example, using the call off terms and conditions without amendment.
Read the user guides (see documents tab) for more information on further competition and direct awards.
You could get a better deal by aggregating your requirement with other public sector organisations that need the same thing. Read CCS’s Steps to Savings document and brochure on eAuctions (see documents tab).
Pricing and call off terms and conditions
Complete the access agreement (see attached documents) to gain access to these documents. Email it to Postal.Services@crowncommercial.gov.uk. Write RM1063 pricings – Lot [number] in the subject line.
Prices are maximum prices payable under the agreement. In a further competition, suppliers should offer prices that are equal to or less than the agreement prices.
Duration of agreement
Call off contracts can run for up to two years beyond the expiry of the agreement, that is up to 16 February 2021.
- YPO: Pro Contract sourcing system. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register
- ESPO: East Midlands Tendering System accessible through www.eastmidstenders.org.
- RM1063 Customer guidance access agreement v3
- RM1063 Customer guidance postal goods services tool kit1 mail profile gathering v1
- RM1063 Customer guidance statement of requirements v1
- RM1063 Customer guidance steps to savings V1
- RM1063 Customer guidance postal goods services case studies v1
- RM1063 Customer guidance Kirklees Council case study v5
- RM1063 Customer guidance eAuction brochure v1
- RM1063 Customer guidance direct award further competition v1
- RM1063 Customer guidance framework supplier overview V10