We have recently launched a new and improved Linen and Laundry Services framework, which may be of interest to healthcare and care home providers that have increased demand due to coronavirus.
The framework has been developed to replace 2 previous frameworks and we have made a number of improvements based on feedback from both customers and suppliers:
- the lot structure has been revised to allow customers to run one procurement for all their linen and laundry needs
- a specific lot for cleanroom services which is a new offering unique to CCS
- revised evaluation and pricing methodology that promotes value for money
- introduction of a direct award option (providing the requirement meets the criteria)
By using the framework and working with CCS you can access a range of benefits, including:
- supplier assurance – all suppliers must meet a minimum set of criteria before they are awarded a place on the framework. Suppliers are also invited to take CCS’ modern slavery assessment.
- key performance indicators (KPIs) – buyers have the flexibility to add their own KPIs to satisfy their requirements and ensure effective long term contract management
- small and medium enterprises (SMEs) – 41.7% of suppliers are categorised as SMEs; this supports the Government’s aspiration for £1 in every £3 to be spent with SMEs by 2022
- commercial benefits – maximum item price rate for product list items excluding transport costs; suppliers can offer best price to buyer at call off stage based on requirements and location
- environmental sustainability – to reduce the usage of single use plastics, the supplier can price finishing options that use less plastic more keenly for example bulk wrap rather than individually wrapped packs
- expertise – CCS buyers have access to a wide range of knowledge and category experts
The framework is available for use by all public sector organisations including central government, wider public sector, charities and third sector.
There are 3 lots to choose from:
- Lot 1a: Linen hire with standard wash linen and laundry services
- Lot 1b: Standard wash linen and laundry services
- Lot 2: Specialist laundry services (theatre packs)
- Lot 3: Specialist cleanroom laundry services
With 13 suppliers active across 3 lots and coverage across all 7 uk regions, a solution to your laundry needs is sure to be found in this framework.