We are pleased to announce we have launched Cloud Compute 2, bringing more choice and value to the public sector
Published 28 November 2023
Last updated 28 November 2023
Crown Commercial Service is providing public sector organisations with more choice in how they access cloud technology solutions through the award of our Cloud Compute 2 [RM6292] agreement.
The new agreement builds on the existing Cloud Compute agreement and will continue to allow customers to purchase flexible, high-volume public cloud solutions.
The new agreement will continue to offer both Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) products, allowing customers the freedom to quickly scale their offering around changes in demand. There will continue to be longer call-off options than other cloud agreements and more flexibility to purchase new service offerings during the contract term as new needs arise.
Philip Orumwense, Commercial Director and Chief Technology Procurement Officer, Crown Commercial Service says:
The new Cloud Compute framework offers customers more choice and flexibility in fulfilling their cloud technology needs by engaging a diverse range of suppliers, recognising that different customers require different solutions.
It is another example of how CCS aims to put its customers first and give them access to the solutions they need in the way that works for them.
The Lots will comprise:
- Lot 1 – Public Cloud
- Lot 2 – Value Added Services
- Lot 3 – Public Cloud Support Services
- Lot 4 – Cloud Secure+
Cloud Compute 2 will run for 3 years with the option of a single extension of 1 year. 123 suppliers have been awarded a place on Cloud Compute 2.
A complementary solution
The new iteration of Cloud Compute will continue to complement current and future iterations of G-Cloud, providing an easy route to market for larger and more complex products while G-Cloud continues to manage smaller value requirements which are more easily purchased off the shelf.
The 2 frameworks will continue to work in tandem to give customers easy access to all the services they need.
Innovations and benefits
- a greater level of choice of suppliers and additional services than the original Cloud Compute framework
- supports the adoption and maximisation of cloud by customers through both professional services and value-adding ancillary services, provided by cloud experts and partners
- expanded scope to encompass the full market offering, including consultancy
- suppliers will provide proposed ‘social value packages’, which customers can choose from as part of the call-off process
- Cloud Secure+ facilitates the direct purchase of services within scope of this agreement to handle information at above official security classification, allowing customers handling sensitive data to access secure solutions
- continues the first Cloud Compute agreement’s access to a large range of public cloud suppliers
Find out more
Don’t forget, you can find a full list of all the commercial agreements we offer, alongside details of how we can help you build policy considerations into your procurement, in our interactive digital brochure.