In 2020 we began an innovative project to improve the procurement of UK public sector mobile voice and data services.
Following customer engagement workshops, where we provided an overview of the project and its objectives, we would like to invite you to participate in the evaluation of tender responses from suppliers.
What does evaluation involve?
- we offer each evaluator guidance and training, provided remotely
- you will have at least a month to evaluate responses – we will be using the award system for evaluation and will arrange a short training session (approx 20mins) before 31 March 2022
- we will give as much notice as possible for both training (at least 3 weeks) and evaluation
- you will need to attend consensus meetings remotely to discuss and agree on an overall score per response per supplier
- currently proposed timescales would mean evaluating selection questions between mid-April and the beginning of May, and evaluating award questions throughout February with consensus between mid May and the end of June
- the responses you evaluate will depend on your experience and we will let you know:
- which question you have been assigned to evaluate the responses for
- how many tender responses there are for that question
- roughly how much time evaluation should take (both per question and overall)
What are the benefits of evaluating?
- evaluating enables you to ensure we have quality framework suppliers
- reading through bidders’ responses gives an understanding of the market, what is possible, current trends and where the given industry is going
- you will receive a letter from our Sourcing team confirming that you have evaluated responses and detailing the role you played in making the government framework a success – an experience you can add to your CV and use at your end of year performance review
Find out more
If you would like to volunteer or to find out more, email email@example.com by 31 January 2022. If you have colleagues or new starters in mind who you think this would be a good experience for, please share this information.