Supporting the public sector to access Cash and Carry depots across the UK to get supplies of household items.
To support the public sector and in addition to any existing arrangements that you may already have, in response to coronavirus (COVID-19), we have an agreement with two large wholesalers giving you access to their Cash and Carry depots across the country: Bestway and Booker/Makro.
Access is available to government departments, local authorities and other public and third sector organisations working in social care that are struggling to get supplies of household items such as baby supplies (nappies, formula, wipes) or ambient foods (tins).
Please note, this does NOT include Personal Protective Equipment.
The suppliers can make no guarantees on availability of products, as some are restricted and supplies change daily.
How to get access to the Cash and Carry:
1. Public sector departments operating in the care sector need to email email@example.com including:
- COVID-19 URGENT PROCUREMENT as the subject line
- that you need access to the CCS wholesale arrangement
- confirmation that you need to supply your local operating sites with household supplies and can collect them locally from the Cash and Carry
2. CCS will send you a validation letter that gives you access to your local depot.
3. You will need to complete customer registration in person at the local depot when you arrive (you need to keep hold of the validation letter for other visits). You will be given a day pass by the Cash and Carry. When you’ve registered you get immediate access to Bestway, Booker and Makro branches on a collection only basis.
Note: You will always need to bring the letter of validation issued by Crown Commercial Service and your government/organisation identification. Payment will need to be made using a government credit or debit card.
You can find your local branch on the Cash and Carry websites: