Northern Skills Academy event
About this event
We are aware that a number of organisations are currently facing procurement issues when considering whether to extend and/or vary existing contracts and procurement processes.
In order to help you work through these issues, our Northern customer team has worked with DAC Beachcroft LLP to put together an updated virtual training session that will cover Regulation 72 of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and the “safe harbours” available, including relevant case law on material change.
The session will then apply those safe harbours to example scenarios and provide some practical tips on issues such as:
- Reminder of the purpose of Regulation 72;
- Definition of Substantial modification definition;
- Summary of “safe harbour” exemptions;
- Discussion on common issues such as extensions to term or scope and change of contractor;
- Case law up-date i.e. AEW v Basingstoke and any others
- The difference in the Court’s attitude to changes made during a process and those made to a contract after signature
This learning session will be delivered via a webinar by Katherine Calder, from DAC Beachcroft LLP. Katherine is a very experienced procurement lawyer who has been advising clients on these issues for twenty years.
Katherine’s aim will be to give you practical tips to take away and to answer common queries in respect of material changes to contracts/procurements.