Cyber skills for commercial professionals
About this event
We are working with the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) to deliver a training session on the key role commercial professionals can play in managing cyber security risk. This session is being delivered as part of our North East, Yorkshire and Humber regional Skills Academy, however, as this is an important topic that affects us all we’ve opened registration to all UK areas.
Given the increasing threat posed by cyber security this is a great opportunity to understand the role you can play. The session will provide practical guidance to commercial professionals and anyone involved in cyber security. The session will cover:
Why procurement is important to cyber security (NCSC)
- risk posed by vendors
- ensuring effective contractual mechanisms are in place
- implementing standards (Cloud Principles/ Secure by Design etc.)
- choosing appropriate cyber security vendors (NCSC Assurance Scheme)
Tools and best practice (CCS)
- Public Sector Contract (Security Schedule)
- including standards in your procurement
- cyber Security Services 3 DPS
- multiple vendor call-offs
We look forward to having you join us and we’ll send you joining instructions the day before the event.