This framework lets you buy social, economic or market research for projects of all sizes and value. You can use filters to select the areas of work you want to commission, which will show you a range of suppliers from a shortlist that are appropriate for your needs.
The framework uses a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) which helps customers find relevant suppliers through a filtering system. Suppliers can apply to join at any time throughout the life of the agreement.
- new suppliers can apply to join at any point, increasing your choice
- agile approach to meet the changing needs of government and the public sector
- filtering system to enable customers to select appropriate suppliers.
Please read the 'How to buy' tab below for detailed instructions on how to find out which suppliers are on this agreement.
- Lot 1: Research Marketplace
Make sure you have received the necessary budget approval before using this agreement.
- register as a buyer. Note: although pages are headed Supplier registration this is also where you can register as a buyer.
- on your Manage your DPS Category Exports page you now have 2 options:
- view appointed suppliers
- click on the link to create a new category export (this is how you filter the suppliers that can meet your needs
- when creating a new category use the filtering tool (select all that apply) to specify your research needs and click the ‘filter’ option. This will create a list of capable suppliers.
- save your filtered list of capable suppliers by clicking the Save Category option. From your Manage your Category Exports page you can then export the list of suppliers and contact details (export is to an Excel spreadsheet).
- quit the DPS
- use the list to run a further competition. Invite the suppliers identified by the DPS to bid against your detailed specification, evaluation criteria and contract format.
- The list is valid for only 2 working days, from the date of its creation, because new suppliers may be applying to join at any point. If your further competition excludes eligible suppliers it potentially breaches procurement regulations. Obtain a fresh supplier list (steps 3.2 to 5) if you don’t use your list within 2 working days by clicking the Search Again option for your export.
- You can use CCS’s eSourcing tool to run a further competition. The tool is free to use for public sector buyers.
- allow at least 10 days for supplier responses, or longer for more complex requirements
- evaluate the responses
- request from winning supplier(s) any required evidence that they can meet your requirements. Set them a deadline for submitting evidence of 2 days.
- if you’re satisfied with the evidence, award the contract
- where appropriate, notify of the award on Contracts Finder.
More detailed guidance is available in the attached documents and in this video.