15/07/2019 – Expiry – This framework will expire on the 24/04/2020. Market engagement for the replacement agreement is underway – please see here for more details.
This agreement helps you manage vehicle fleets more effectively by improving safety and efficiency through telematics. Telematics enable you to monitor parameters such as fuel consumption, vehicle tracking and driver behaviour. This data can be used to identify safety improvements and cost reductions based on the whole life cost of vehicles.
The agreement was developed with police, ambulance, local and central government customers. It has a range of suppliers which are all small and medium-sized businesses.
- Manage risk, driver safety (including two-way communication), work planning and vehicle usage
- Potential to reduce insurance premiums
- Better understand driver behaviour and identify driver training needs
- Reduce emissions through better driver behaviour, fuel consumption efficiency and future vehicle selection
- Analyse whole-life costs by tracking servicing, maintenance and repair costs
- Distinguish between operational and private use to help with expenses and HMRC tax returns
- Support duty of care and regulatory compliance, for example, monitor the length of time drivers spend behind the wheel
Based on analysis of customers with mixed fleets, CCS expects public sector organisations to save on average £3 on fleet costs for every £1 spent on telematics.
Access this framework by running a further competition. In some circumstances it may be possible to direct award to a supplier. See the order form and call-off terms (schedule 4) for further details.
If you need to run a further competition it must meet the following criteria:
|Criteria||Weighting (to be set when running the further competition)|
|Price (Installation, integration and monthly fees.
Other costs to consider: software upgrades,
maintenance, training, reporting and disposal)
|Quality (e.g. lead time, technical and customer support, fitness for purpose, safety monitoring, diagnostics, communications, interactivity, training, geographical coverage, security and reporting)||30-90%|
To run your further competition, you can use your own system or CCS’s eSourcing tool.
To register for access to CCS’s eSourcing tool, complete the online registration form.
If you are already registered, log on to the tool.
Read the guidance for the eSourcing tool.