Provision of Power Purchase Agreement
Central government and the wider public sector can access renewable electricity by securing long term contracts with suppliers.
You will be able to buy renewable electricity from this agreement in the following ways:
- an aggregation of customers that we will procure and run
- this will secure competitive rates through bulk-buying
- a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) that we will run and manage for you
- a PPA which you will run and manage
A PPA is a call-off contract that secures the long term supply of renewable electricity. The PPA can last for several years and long term contracts typically last between 15 and 25 years.
- fixed long term pricing: when you sign the contract you will agree a yearly price increase
- this knowledge of pricing will allow you to budget and estimate future costs more efficiently
- we can run and manage the procurement process for you
- helps you towards your carbon net zero targets
- offers the addition of new build assets
We have already held a number of virtual customer meetings. We also sent customers a survey to find out their PPA needs.
Engagement sessions will be on-going and the feedback we receive will help us to shape the strategy of this agreement.
We will carry out further customer engagement sessions in early 2022.
To register your interest for this agreement, email the team.
We held our first round of supplier engagement sessions virtually in October and November 2021. We will hold further rounds of market engagement in 2022.
|Prior Information Notice (PIN)||Read PIN|
|Contract Notice in Find a Tender Service (FTS)||Not available yet|
|Tender documents||Not available yet|
|Pre-market engagement||Spring 2022|
|Drafting of procurement documents||November 2022|
|Publication of FTS notice||January 2023|
|Framework award||August 2023|