Future Workforce Framework
All public sector organisations can recruit temporary workers to fill professional, managerial, operational and administrative roles. A single vendor management system (VMS) will track all requests for workers from need, recruitment, time-sheeting and payment.
We are in the initial phase of developing this agreement which will replace RM3749 Public Sector Resourcing.
It will provide you with a range of routes to access temporary workers in specialist and admin or clerical roles. These routes will include:
- paying temporary workers through an hourly or daily rate
- engagement through statements of work (SOW): this is where a supplier is hired to achieve a set of specific and pre-defined outcomes on a fixed fee basis
- recruit-train-deploy (RTD): where a supplier recruits individuals and trains them to have the needed skill-set before placing them into your organisation to work and learn
- talent pools, which can be a list of potential applicants with the needed skill sets that a supplier can use to fill vacant roles
We are currently looking into what extra services we can include to help meet your needs in this area and support total talent acquisition. ‘Total talent’ involves organisations understanding the skillsets of all the people in their workforce to better plan how to meet their business strategy.
These services could include:
- workforce planning advice, which includes assessing recruitment gaps and ensuring your organisation has the right people with the right skills
- permanent recruitment
- organised talent pools, which will allow you to find and select individuals based on certain criteria
- ways to attract applicants to apply for positions such as:
- client branding, which will help you to build an online presence to show potential workers why they should work for your organisation through videos, blogs and articles
- employee value proposition (EVP) development: which includes the benefits that the worker will receive in return for their work, such as pay, learning and development opportunities and the culture of the organisation
We have not made any decisions yet about the structure of this agreement. We are still considering all options to decide what will work best, such as:
- single managed service provider (MSP)
- neutral vendor(s) (NV), who select the subcontractor(s) best suited to meet clients’ needs
- lotted structure
- multi supplier lots
We want to arrange regular engagement sessions and reviews to make sure that we develop this agreement to meet your needs.
Following our initial engagement event in November, we will be holding a further session online event on Wednesday 8 June. We’re keen to have a wide range of representation from existing and potential customers, to share our progress and discuss our plans. To book a place, please follow this link. (Please note that this is only for public sector customer organisations, there is a supplier event in London on 31 May, further details are below in the supplier engagement section)
We are particularly interested in the views of wider public sector customers as well as those in central government who we already have experience supporting.
We will be holding regular engagement events through 2022 and beyond to seek market advice on:
- what services should be in the scope of the agreement
- the best commercial model to meet public sector needs
If you would like to tender for this agreement, express your interest so we can keep you updated.
We also invite you to comment on the existing agreement and any other market views to inform our thinking at this early stage. If you would like to provide any information, complete this survey.
We intend to publish supplier engagement opportunities through Eventbrite. To stay updated, you can follow our Eventbrite page.
We will be holding a supplier engagement event in London on 31 May 2022. For more information and to register for a place please follow this link.
We will provide further updates on this page as the work progresses.
|Prior Information Notice (PIN)||Read PIN|
|Contract Notice in Find a Tender Service (FTS)||Not available yet|
|Tender documents||Not available yet|
|Pre-market engagement||February 2022|
|Drafting of procurement documents||September 2022|
|Publication of FTS notice||January 2023|
|Framework award||July 2023|