Food and Drink
Public sector organisations can use this agreement to buy food and drink directly from suppliers. You will be able to access all food and drink sub-categories.
The aim of this agreement is to help public sector buyers access local and seasonal food from local SME food suppliers. This agreement will also:
- support sustainability by meeting the Government Buying Standards for Food and Catering (GBSF)
- invest in local communities and improve equality and diversity
- reduce modern slavery risks
We will shorten supply chains by simplifying the customer journey, helping you to develop your relationships with suppliers and meet your carbon net zero targets. To do this we will manage the agreement through one supplier who will act as a single access point to fulfil customer orders.
Social value will play a key part in the combined food supply and delivery solution which will:
- support COVID-19 recovery
- tackle economic inequality
- fight climate change
- provide equal opportunity and wellbeing
- provide community cohesion, which means to develop strong and positive relationships within the community
- help public sector bodies to buy food in a sustainable way
- will help local and small businesses to supply public sector contracts
- helps all suppliers to access public sector food opportunities (including SMEs)
- free to access: all public sector buyers can use this agreement for free and will not need any upfront funding
- meets GBSF standards for buying better quality and safe food in a sustainable way
- helps you to meet your carbon net zero targets through consolidated deliveries: this means we will always try to deliver your food items in the same vehicle, rather than in separate deliveries from each supplier
As part of our customer engagement, we issued newsletters for all external stakeholders. You can access the latest editions by clicking on the links below:
We may hold further engagement sessions before tender release. We will provide updates for these possible sessions on this webpage and in the newsletter.
If you would like to register to receive future editions of the newsletter, email the team.
We have issued a Prior Information Notice (PIN) to the market. You can find the link to the PIN in the important links section below.
We may hold further engagement sessions before tender release. We will provide updates for these possible sessions on this webpage.
|Prior Information Notice (PIN)||Read PIN|
|Contract Notice in Find a Tender Service (FTS)||Not available yet|
|Tender documents||Not available yet|
|Drafting of procurement documents||2022|
|Publication of FTS notice||September 2022|
|Agreement award||March 2023|