Space-Enabled and Geospatial Services
A Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) that gives access to products and solutions enabled for outer space such as earth observation. A space enabled solution solves real world challenges and needs by using communications and broadcast data, geospatial data, remote sensing, unmanned aerial solutions or a combination of these things.
This DPS is for use by the public sector and their associated bodies and agencies. These products and services will help to transform public services using advances in technology (such as space data, communications, signals and satellite imagery).
Space enabled technology is now more available and affordable and can help to inform better planning of services and resources.
Technologies such as earth observation measurement and sensing capabilities can help to achieve:
- reduced carbon emissions
- smarter towns and cities
- mapped transportation routes and accessibility
- effective use of resources
You can use space enabled technology and transformation to:
- monitor border and security boundaries remotely
- map foot flow, crime patterns and health data
- measure and monitor infrastructures
- show landscape and vehicle changes using complex imagery techniques
- monitor for carbon, pollution and disease in trees
- help local authorities to identify street repairs, potholes and other damages
- project intelligent routing decisions for transport
- keep workforces safe by using remote drones for inspection and enforcement
Products and services included in the scope of this agreement:
- communications and broadcasting (data and voice networks)
- Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) signals (services for IT, mobile workforces and logistics)
- geospatial data (location data)
- data services and solutions (capturing, processing and storing data, software development and support)
- remote sensing and unmanned aerial and land solutions (drone and related services for air, sea and land)
- launch capability and associated services – advisory only (for example legal services, design, quality control or technical oversight)
- manufacturing capability and associated services (such as design, quality control and research)
We have issued a notice through the government Find a Tender service (FTS). Suppliers can now bid to join the agreement through the DPS Marketplace website, which is where we host all CCS DPS agreements.
Supplier bidding will not close at any point during the lifecycle of the agreement, so you do not have to submit your bids by any specific time or date. But, the agreement will launch for public sector customers from 11 October 2021 and it is due to run for at least 3 years.
Before we can accept you as a supplier on this agreement, you will need to:
- meet certain selection criteria
- identify your chosen capabilities within the ‘filter’ structure for this agreement
Suppliers can update their capabilities at any time during the agreement lifecycle.
Customers will need to evaluate supplier quality, including any relevant standards and qualifications, as part of their ‘call off’ exercise.
Customers will ‘call off’ from this agreement using the DPS Marketplace website. They will need to identify a shortlist of capable suppliers and then run a further competition to determine their award, based on the price and quality criteria for their individual needs.
Customers should run their further competition using their chosen sourcing process or system.
What interested suppliers should do:
On 9 September 2021 we expect to publish a contract notice on the government’s Find a Tender Service.
Suppliers will then be able to view the bidding documents and questionnaires for this agreement on the DPS marketplace website. To be considered for this agreement, you will need to complete and submit these documents.
We expect that it will take many suppliers a little over one working day to complete the documents. We will communicate success on or before 11 October 2021 if you have submitted your documents before this date. After this date there may be a short processing period.
Once you have joined this agreement, customers will ask for you to join in a call off competition. Customers will provide details of their need and award process at that stage.
We plan to run a series of webinars for suppliers and buyers on the dates listed below. You can book a place on your preferred date using Eventbrite.
Tuesday 28 September 2021 at 2:00 pm
Wednesday 13 October 2021 at 11:00 am
Thursday 21 October 2021 at 3:00 pm
Thursday 14 October 2021 at 3:00 pm
Wednesday 20 October 2021 at 2:00 pm
Friday 29 October 2021 at 2:00 pm
|Prior Information Notice (PIN)||Not available yet|
|Contract Notice in OJEU||Read contract notice|
|Download tender documents||Accessed on DPS Marketplace|
|Pre-market engagement||October / November 2020|
|Drafting procurement documents||May 2021|
|Publication of FTS||September 2021|
|DPS award||October 2021|