We worked with NHS Digital to create this agreement, to support public health and other care organisations with providing digital outcomes and services.
Customers using this agreement will be able to access:
- an agile approach to development services for new digital solutions
- support with existing products and services
- data management services (for the collection, processing and distribution of health data)
Made up of a single lot, this agreement provides services in the following 5 areas:
- development and operations (DevOps) – for ongoing minor improvements of live services
- digital definition services – creating and progressing the project through discovery and alpha phases
- build and transition services – building the services using beta and live phases
- end-to-end development services – designing and developing the services from discovery to live phases
- data management (and similar) services – for performing data collection, data processing and analysis and management of data and services
You will be able to combine appropriate service areas with Government Digital Services (GDS) phases. For more information on GDS project phases, take a look at the phases of an agile project.
The agreement will run for 4 years with no option to extend.
Call-off contracts can be up to a maximum length of 2 or 4 years, depending on the type of services delivered.
You will have the option to extend your call-off contract by up to 6 months or 1 year. This will depend on the initial length of your call-off contract.
- access to suppliers with the right capabilities and experience to meet your needs
- supports further competition to make sure health and social care bodies are receiving value for money
- quality and price can be assessed based on individual customer’s need
- an efficient structure and approach to commissioning a variety of projects
- agile delivery of services based on the Service Standard
You will need to run a further competition to buy from this agreement. You can do this using the CCS eSourcing portal.
You are able to refine the public sector contract call off terms for a further competition, as long as you follow the public contract regulations. This will allow you more flexibility when defining your statement of requirements.
We’ve broken down how to run a further competition into 6 steps:
- identify your needs
- finalise your needs
- complete documentation
- issue further competition invitation
- evaluation of bid proposals
- award of the call-off contract
More information about the buying process is available in our customer guidance document.