Before you can access a buying platform, you will need to decide which supplier solution is the best option for your organisation and award a contract to that supplier.
Test both buying platforms
Having trouble deciding which solution to use? We have 2 test accounts available so you can try both buying platforms before choosing a solution. Use the information below to sign into the test accounts.
OT Groups demonstration website: otsmartpad.co.uk
Unites demonstration website: www.mercateo.co.uk
Once you have chosen your supplier and awarded them a call-off contract, you can then register to fully access their buying platform and use it to buy the products you need, when you need them.
Before buying from this agreement, we recommend you read our customer journey decision tree.
Direct award should only be used when you are certain that one solution meets your needs more than the other. Check your organisation’s policy to make sure that direct award is a compliant route.
Before placing a direct award you must read our direct award guide. This document includes important information which will help you to:
- decide if direct award is the best option for you
- complete your call off contract
To place a direct award you will need to:
- identify your needs and award criteria before reviewing the supplier solutions
- review both solutions
- to help you make your decision, you can ask the suppliers questions or invite them to provide a demonstration
- evaluate the solutions by taking into consideration the importance of all your needs
- for transparency, you should follow your internal processes and document your evaluation
- award to your chosen supplier
- you will need to complete the direct award template and send to the supplier
- you should only do this after you have undertaken any internal processes to authorise the award
- you will then work with your awarded supplier to complete the call-off contract to formalise the agreement
Further competition should be used when your needs are more complex, or you need more information (for example, integration needs or requirements for niche product types), or your organisation doesn’t allow for direct award.
Before running a further competition you must read our further competition guide. This document includes important information which will help you to:
- decide if further competition is the best option for you
- complete your call off contract
To run a further competition you should:
- identify your needs and award criteria by creating a detailed specification
- set your evaluation criteria: the agreement terms allow submissions to be scored on quality and price
- issue further competition and complete your further competition documents
- evaluate responses once the deadline has passed
- you should follow the evaluation criteria specified within the Invitation to Tender
- award to the successful supplier once you have identified the solution which best fits your evaluation criteria
- you must inform both suppliers of the outcome with your reasoning by email or letter
- when the award is confirmed you will need to work with the supplier to complete a call off contract
- you should also agree on an implementation plan and begin the buying portal on-boarding process
For further information or support, email the team.
Pay for these services using your procurement card and increase rebate earning potential for your organisation. If you do not have a procurement card, you can set one up using RM6248 Payment Solutions 2.