To complement G-Cloud 12 (and all future interactions of G-Cloud) by providing a route to market that fulfils large-scale, proprietary cloud computing requirements.
All cloud compute services offered are defined as Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), which can scale rapidly to meet any change in demand. The industry term for these services is ‘hyperscale’ and they should at least be delivered by a public cloud delivery model.
We anticipate using bespoke terms and conditions that have been created with extensive market consultation to avoid the need for lengthy negotiation of terms.
Advantages of the framework include:
- terms and conditions tailored for hyperscale cloud compute services, ensuring better protection and better understanding
- less time required to define contract-specific terms
- direct award and further competition routes to market, ensuring savings in time and money
- flexibility in the services that may be offered by suppliers, ensuring that the latest innovative services are always available to customers
- initial call-off term of up to 3 years with two possible extensions of up to 12 months each
- reducing the need for customer to procure high-volume complex hyperscale compute services every 2 years
We have engaged with both customers and suppliers through periodic conference calls over the course of the last 18 months and supplemented the engagement with in-person interviews. The outcome was that we gained a clear understanding of what customers’ commercial requirements are for buying, consuming and managing hyperscale compute services. We also have an understanding of how suppliers are able to deliver those requirements.
|Prior Information Notice (PIN)||Not available yet|
|Contract Notice in OJEU||Not available yet|
|Download tender documents||Not available yet|
|Further market engagement||spring 2020|
|Drafting procurement documents||spring 2020|
|Publication of OJEU||spring 2020|
|Framework award||winter 2020|