13/05/2019 – Update This framework agreement has now been extended by the maximum period of one (1) year, so the expiry date is now 15th March 2021.
Water, Wastewater and Ancillary Services
This agreement is for water supply, waste water (sewerage) and ancillary services aimed at water use efficiency measures to reduce consumption and improve resilience. It is open to all public sector, non- residential premises organisations located in England and Wales* – (*annual consumption above 50 million litres applies in Wales.)
As of 1 April 2017 eligible, non-household customers – that is those that pay business rates – are able to choose their water supplier. Ofwat has published full eligibility guidance and supplementary guidance. The Open Water programme is responsible for delivering the new water market and has published an eligibility guide and checker.
The framework is a collaboration between CCS, YPO, The Energy Consortium, Eastern Shires Purchasing Organisation (ESPO), North East Procurement Organisation (NEPO), West Mercia Energy, and the Ministry of Defence. It lasts for 3 years with the option to extend for a further 12 months. You can contract with the supplier at any time during the framework period and run a contract for up to 4 years maximum from when supply starts.
- Single national agreement for water supply with standardised T&Cs enabling you to rationalise suppliers across geographically dispersed sites
- Accurate management information: consumption and billing data are supplied to your request, including self-service online and dynamic reporting
- Discounted list prices
- Optional water efficiency programmes can be bought when you need them.
Read the Customer Guidance in the documents tab. You can buy from this framework by further competition only.
Complete the switching sheet template in the attached documents. You will need to have your site information ready for switching prior to carrying out a further competition.
Essential information for switching:
- organisation name
- address including postcode
- annual consumption
- supply point identification (SPID) – a unique 8-digit reference number for your meter which should appear on your water bills. If you do not have this number you can call to ask your current supplier. You may have separate SPIDs for your water and your wastewater.
- contact name at the premises
- contact phone number at the premises.
Desirable information for switching:
- unique property reference number
- demand profile (for example do you’require water services 24/7 or just during business hours?)
- annual spend
- your requirements for service delivery. You can download an example quality requirements template in the documents tab of this web page.
CCS holds e-auctions for water supply. If you want to participate in future e-auctions email email@example.com
- RM3790 Water advert v1
- RM3790 Customer guide to the new water market v1
- RM3790 Customer guidance v6 3.1
- RM3790 FAQ v1.7
- RM3790 Framework t&c's v2
- RM3790 Variations v2
- RM3790 Framework specification v1
- RM3790 Switching template v9
- RM3790 Customer access agreement Jun18 v2
- RM3790 Further competition invitation template Nov17
- RM3790 Example statement of requirements v1
- RM3790 Pricing matrix template v1
- RM3790 Evaluation criteria v1
- RM3790 Supplier outcome letter successful v1
- RM3790 Supplier outcome letter unsuccessful v1
- RM3790 Call-off order form v1
- RM3790 Call-off t&c's v1.1
- RM3790 Variation form v1
- RM3790 Award notification form v1