Provides a simple route to market for buying a wide range of legal services. These are split across 2 lots:
- lot 1: general legal advice and services
- lot 2: finance and complex legal services
We developed this agreement in partnership with the Government Legal Department (GLD).
It is the default route to market for buying legal services for all central government departments and their executive agencies and will replace the following agreements:
- RM3786 General Legal Advice Services (expires on 27 December 2021)
- RM3787 Finance and Complex Legal Services (expired on 20 December 2021)
Some of the 60 legal specialisms available to access through this agreement includes:
- corporate finance
- dispute resolution and litigation
- employment law
- high value or complex merger and acquisition activity
- intellectual property law
- public procurement law
- real estate and real estate finance
- rescue, restructuring and insolvency
- projects of exceptional innovation and complexity
- public inquiries and inquests
Suppliers provide legal services in the law of England and Wales. They may also be able to provide support and advice on Scots, Northern Irish and public and private international law, in respect of the specialisms covered under each applicable lot.
This agreement will run for a period of 3 years, with an option to extend for a further 12 months.
Call-off contracts can be of any value and length, although they must expire no later than 2 years after the agreement end date.