Costs Lawyer Services 2
Provides routine and complex support and advice relating to legal costs litigation for the UK public sector.
Access qualified and regulated cost lawyers who are experts in the area of legal costs law and practice. You can appoint a costs lawyer before, after or during a court case to help with routine costs litigation work for both claimants and defendants (the paying and receiving parties).
We designed this agreement to replace the RM6137 Costs Lawyer Services agreement which is due to expire in August 2023. It will provide the following services:
- costs consultancy and negotiation
- cost estimates and statement of costs which will show the estimated prices of parties litigation costs
- advocacy and/or attending hearings
- instructing counsel, for example by the appointment of a Barrister
- providing advice relating to legal costs
- preparing costs budgets, bills of costs, points of dispute, replies and court forms
We will determine the full scope following customer and market engagement. But, we expect that this will provide a wide range of services suitable for the needs of the public sector.
We expect this agreement will run for 4 years.
- reduced procurement costs
- competitive hourly and daily rates, with risk and reward fee mechanisms available to make sure you always receive best value for money
- pricing options available include fixed fee and any appropriate alternative fee arrangements through direct award and further competition
- simplified tender documents, templates and standard terms and conditions agreed by all suppliers
We will determine the lot structure of this agreement after stakeholder, customer and market engagement has taken place.
We will be looking to engage with stakeholders and potential customers from January 2022. We would welcome input from a range of public sector organisations.
If you are interested in helping us shape this agreement, email the team. You will need to include ‘RM6284 Costs Lawyer Services 2’ in the subject line of your email.
We expect to hold supplier engagement for this tender in early spring of 2022.
|Prior Information Notice (PIN)||Read PIN|
|Contract Notice in Find a Tender Service (FTS)||Not available yet|
|Tender documents||Not available yet|
|Publication of PIN||December 2021|
|Pre-market engagement||Spring 2022|
|Drafting of procurement documents||December 2022|
|Publication of FTS notice||March 2023|
|Framework award||May 2023|