Facilities Management and Workplace Services
Gives all government departments and public sector organisations access to facilities management and workplace services across the UK. There may also be limited opportunities for suppliers to provide international coverage for buyers procuring UK services.
This agreement will replace the current agreement: Facilities Management Marketplace (RM3830).
Proposed services under this agreement include:
- contract management
- contract mobilisation (Security and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) during the mobilisation period)
- maintenance services
- horticultural services
- statutory obligations (such as, Asbestos Management, Electrical Testing and Portable Appliance Testing)
- catering services
- cleaning services
- workplace FM services
- reception services
- security services
- waste services
- miscellaneous FM services (such as, sports and leisure, first aid and medical services)
- computer-aided facilities management (CAFM)
- helpdesk services
- management of billable works
We have received external market research from:
- central government
- wider public sector
- governing and regulatory bodies
- trade associations
- service providers
This research has shaped our approach with regards to lot structure, suitable terms and conditions and scope of service for each lot. This will help us to provide the best solution for both suppliers and customers.
The FM Category Team has met with a range of both current and potential suppliers. We have engaged with a wide range of suppliers to make sure as broad an approach as possible.
We categorised suppliers into the following areas (some suppliers have interest in more than one category):
- current suppliers on agreement
- suppliers not on current agreement but with potential to be interested
- suppliers who bid for the current agreement, but did not get a place
- Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SME) suppliers
- Central Government (CG) focussed suppliers
- Wider Public Sector (WPS) focussed suppliers
We have a strategy to widen the supply base and have an agreement that is flexible enough to cater for a wide range of customer needs.
We will continue supplier engagement to refine the specification and T&C’s. We will also continue to communicate progress and indicative milestones with as much notice as possible.
|Prior Information Notice (PIN)||Read PIN|
|Contract Notice||Not available yet|
|Tender documents||Not available yet|
|Pre-market engagement||November 2020 to May 2021|
|Drafting of procurement documents||July to September 2021|
|Publication of contract notice||9 October 2021|
|Framework award||9 April 2022|