eAuctions are run in real time on the web. CCS can run eAuctions on behalf of single or multiple (in the case of an aggregation) buyers, or buyers can conduct their own. eAuctions can be used to buy (reverse auction).
A reverse eAuction can be used to conclude a further competition to get the best possible price from a supplier. It allows suppliers to bid openly for your requirements. For example, to supply standard laptops to a group of schools. Suppliers compete on price alone. Other criteria, such as quality and service levels, are established and locked down during earlier stages of the procurement.
How to buy
CCS provides a fully managed eAuction service:
- for individual buyers with single requirements calling-off under a CCS agreement
- for individual buyers with aggregated requirements calling-off under a CCS framework agreement
- for aggregated groups of buyers with similar requirements calling-off under a CCS framework agreement
- to conclude a buyer’s own procurement process (from a non-CCS framework agreement)
Read the guidance on eAuctions and contact CCS if you are interested in participating.
- when aggregation can reduce the purchase price for buyers (reverse auction)
- most common goods and services which can be specified with precision
- a defined specification capable of aggregation
Not appropriate for:
- bespoke or complex requirements
This will differ depending on the framework you are using
Who can use
Anyone who is eligible to use CCS framework agreements.
Time to supply
Depends on the complexity of the goods and services required, the qualitative evaluation approach adopted, and the number of buyers participating (where requirements are aggregated).
- maximises commercial advantages and increases the opportunity for savings (or revenue increase) for eligible customers
- if needed,CCS can manage the process free of charge to buyers calling-off under CCS agreements
- transparent to all parties
- suppliers have multiple opportunities to bid (a traditional tender provides only one opportunity)
- proven technique using secure technology
- encourages buyers to specify their requirements clearly