Cloud Services DPS
This framework will complement the planned G-Cloud 13 Framework by providing a route to market that provides access to large-scale cloud computing requirements and value-added services.
Value-added services will include design, procurement, configuration, implementation, migration and management or a combination of all six services. This dynamic purchasing system (DPS) will offer a public cloud delivery model using dedicated platforms. Multi-cloud and hybrid cloud services will also be available where a buyer’s needs are not specific to one platform.
The contract terms are being developed to complement and build upon those for Cloud Compute Framework and will provide a more outsourced focus for the services available under this DPS.
Advantages of the DPS include:
- a route to market based on further competition which offers better value to buyers and provides an accepted and compliant method to find and consider complex cloud implementations
- flexibility in the services offered by suppliers, ensuring that the latest innovative services are always available
- the ability to combine multiple cloud platforms through a single supplier
- call-off term of up to 5 years with multiple options available
- a contract structure and content that recognises the relevant services and cloud-appropriate commercial principles contained in Cloud Compute
Over the last 18 months, we have engaged with customers and suppliers using conference calls and face-to-face interviews. This has allowed us to understand customers’ requirements for buying, consuming and managing hyperscale computing services.
We have also gained an understanding of how these requirements might change over the next few years and how suppliers will deliver them.
|Prior Information Notice (PIN)||Not available yet|
|Contract Notice in OJEU||Not available yet|
|Download tender documents||Not available yet|
|Pre-market engagement||2019 to 2021|
|Further market engagement||By August 2021|
|Drafting procurement documents||November 2021|
|Publication of OJEU||February 2022|
|Framework award||August 2022|