This agreement enables government and wider public sector organisations to buy media channels from a single supplier, Manning Gottlieb OMD (a division of OMD Group Ltd), who have set up a government media team to buy across all off and online channels on your behalf in the UK and overseas.
- reduced advertising spend and transparency of where taxpayers’ money is spent and on what – this agreement makes visible all platform and media fees and any additional fees paid
- commission fee neutrality: the agency will have the same commission for each media channel to ensure media neutrality
- high-quality media placement: the government will get high-quality media at a competitive cost – government ads are currently achieving 60% viewability, which is in line with the market and CCS is working to increase this to 100% while maintaining competitive pricing
- robust pricing guarantees and benefits methodologies: pricing guarantees are defined for the life of the contract and rates benchmarked against other public and private sector organisations
- enhanced terms and conditions: aligned to best practice terms drafted by the ISBA (advertisers industry body)
- annual contract review: allows GCS/CCS to adapt the contract to accommodate changes in the advertising market and innovative ways of working
- performance management: including live campaign dashboards, in-flight optimisation, monthly information, external media audits, strategic supplier management and customer satisfaction surveys on quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- performance incentives: encourages the agency to optimise performance and improve outcomes
- ability to have owned tech/data: for enhanced transparency and access to client data
- flexible framework agreement: ensures best-fit agency relationship for buyers, including three different service levels
- process efficiency effectiveness: ensures the agency is engaged from the beginning of the marketing/campaign process
- best practice sharing: ensures the agency is held accountable for reporting performance and sharing insight and learnings to all buyers where appropriate.
Before using this agreement you must have internal approval for your budget. If you’re in Central Government and spending over £100,000, you will need approval from the Professional Assurance Group. Check for eligibility on the Government Communication Service website and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Charge for central government
Government bodies using this framework are required to pay the Government Communication Service (GCS) levy (fee). This is 1% of the total net contract value.
This charge is a set contribution from all government communications expenditure through the frameworks and funds the Government Communication Service (GCS). This was approved in 2013/14 by the Civil Service Board, Ministerial Board and with the agreement of all Directors of Communications.
There is one supplier – Manning Gottlieb OMD (a division of OMD Group Ltd) – so you do not need to run a further competition.
If you are a new customer email Adam Skinner, Group Projects Director, at Adam.Skinner@omnicommediagroup.com who will assign a member of the media team to you.
Please email Sean.Limbrey@crowncommercial.gov.uk to request a copy of the briefing template to use for all media briefs under this agreement. When you have created a campaign brief, contact your designated team member at OMD. For specific media channel questions, contact the person named on each booked schedule.
Duration of agreement
Your call off contract can run up to the framework end date, it cannot be extended beyond 21/05/22.
12/06/2020 – RM6003 Briefing template update. This document now complies with recent changes to legislation to make sure your departmental Data Protection Officer has signed off the template. This is in line with the Information Commissioner’s Office guidance. There is also a data privacy impact assessment template, which you can use as a guide to help you identify and minimise the data protection risks particularly within programmatic buying. For more information on this or support please email Sophie Dickens.
03/01/2020 – RM6003 Briefing template update.
- Marketing comms research brochure v5.3
- RM6003 Customer guidance v1
- RM6003 FAQs v1
- RM6003 Specification v1
- RM6003 Call off t and c v2
- RM6003 Letter of appointment v2
- RM6003 Framework t and c redacted
- RM6003 Contract notice OJEU
- (Optional) DPIA draft Template 210520
- OmniGov Media Buying Brief Template 210520
- Invoicing FAQ 130820